NEC REPUBLIC OF KOREA NATIONAL ELECTION COMMISSION

Serach

Press Releases

HOME News Press Releases

Press Releases
NEC Chairperson Rho Tae-ak Gives a New Year’s Address

Date :01/27/2023Read : 79

My fellow citizens,

I hope that the country will be filled with energy in the New Year like the rising sun, making your lives happier.

This year marks the 60th anniversary of the National Election Commission(NEC) of the Republic of Korea. All the while, the NEC has made efforts to lay the foundation for the development of democracy through fair election management.

However, I once again sincerely apologize for disappointing the people with the lack of preparation for the early voting and poor handling of the last presidential election. I would make every effort to fulfill my constitutional responsibility with the heart of starting over from scratch.

With a belief that public office elections can be held only when elections around our life are transparent, the NEC will focus all capabilities on fairly and correctly managing the third nationwide simultaneous elections for heads of cooperatives in March this year while rooting out money elections.

We will also thoroughly prepare for the 22nd National Assembly elections by pouring over the election management capabilities we have built over the past 60 years so that we can manage the election perfectly under any circumstances.

Elections are a promise for a better future. We ask for your interest and support once again so that the NEC can fulfill its responsibilities as a constitutional institution and conduct fair election management by laws and principles to contribute to the development of sustainable democracy and social integration. 

Thank you.

Press Releases
Next   60th Anniversary of the Establishment of the NEC
Before NEC to Hold 2022 Seoul International Forum on Elections